BEAUTIFUL DAY IN CHEZ MONIQUE SILVER SMITH CLASS

We've been relaxing in Ubud for a few days which truthfully has been really nice.  So far Ubud has been a gret place to visit, althought it's much busier than we anticipated, we have now found our groove.

It seems as though everyone in Ubud is an artist.  The streets are lined with galleries, art shops and most restaurants display some wicked art.  Feeling the vibe, we were also feeling creative, so we figured it was time to unleash the creative dragon and signed up for a Sliversmith class with Chez Monique Ubud.

I thought that this asked Silversmith on this page, and my son, if we do this. Inquisitive as I was, I agreed. Well are not I glad I did! Oh my god, excellent experience. Very friendly and helpful. My two children and I really had no idea what to make. There are books to make full sample pieces.

My daughter and I made rings and my 9 year old son, a pendant, which he transformed into the arm band. We have never done anything like this before.  We have done our fair share of cooking classes, which we really enjoy, but we're "cooked" out.  This was different, not "meh" different, but get you fired up / really excited different.  From the sketch to fabrication, which included texturing, cutting, trimming and various levels of polishing, our custom piece became a reality in 2 and a half hours under the careful guidance of Sunarta.

Our piece turned out better than we could have imagined.  We have a new appreciation for handcrafted jewelry and the time & energy it takes to create these beautiful pieces.  It was an amazing experience working together, putting our love into a piece that was so meaningful to us.  We can’t say enough great things about this experience and would definitely do it again.  Perhaps some custom rings? Next time we're in Bali!   

Excellent experience. The staff was friendly, helpful and have a great attitude for young and old.

This class is very child friendly. You have patience and are very helpful in all stages of the process.

I will still be called.

Thank you for this wonderful experience

Chez Monique Silver Smith Class
Jalan Dewi Sita, Ubud, Bali 80571 , Indonesia 081 338 454 677
Previous
Next Post »